Organo Gold rose out of the ashes of Gano Excel. Gano Excel is the other Ganoderma Coffee Company.
Let me explain what I mean.
Bernardo (Bernie) Chua is largely responsible for the expansion of Gano Excel from Mr. Leow Soon Seng’s brainchild into a viable business. Mr Chua greatly assisted the growth of Gano Excel in Asia. In 2003, Mr Chua brought Gano Excel to the western world. Sometime after that he left Gano Excel and founded Organo Gold in 2008.
Now I don’t know all the details, it is extremely hush hush.
It is hard to find a whisper of this on the Internet.
What I have gathered is, and this part is from archived Gano Excel documents, is that Bernie Chua worked with Mr. Leow Soon Seng, the Founder of Gano Excel in Malaysia, to open Gano Excel in the Philippines when it had only a few distributors. Three (3) years later, Mr. Chua had worked hard to expand Gano Excel into Hong Kong, Canada and most importantly into one of the largest market, the United States.
In 2003, Bernie Chua moved to California and became president of Gano Excel USA. At first Mr Chua struggled to get the U.S. operation off the ground. This changed when Chua brought in Joven Cabasag.
Mr. Chua is excellent at bringing in the leadership needed to help grow a company to the next level. Mr. Cabasag has more than 15 years of MLM experience, brought new energy to the company, helped to create its “healthy coffee” model, and put into place a five-level deep marketing structure specifically tailored to the U.S. market.
By October 2003, Gano Excel USA was open for business and by the end of the year it had its first wave of independent distributors. From then on sales of Gano Excel built steadily, and by June 2004 the company had moved into a new 42,000-square-foot warehouse in Irwindale, California.
There were problems. In April 2004, the FDA warned the company about its claims that its products helped detect hidden diseases, helped remove excess cholesterol and removed toxins from the body. Further, the FDA objected to the “Testimony” section of Gano Excel’s website as promoting “Gano Excel for the treatment of gout, diabetes, and psoriasis.
In February 2005, Gano Excel issued a recall and allergy alert concerning some of its products. This action resulted after Health Canada, the government health agency of Canada, conducted tests revealing the presence of milk protein, which was not declared on the product label.
Ganoderma Lucidum is a fabulously healthful mushroom.Numerous modern scientific studies are backing up the many health claims of the 4000 year old history of medicinal use in Asia. But the clinical studies necessary for a FDA review have not been done; therefore, no FDA health claims can be made yet. (To learn about the health benefits of Ganoderma visit: Ganoderma benefits)
Regardless, to be successful a good product is not enough. A business needs to adapt to new and changing markets and have a business plan that works for all participants.
I have investigated both Gano Excel and Organo Gold, my educated deduction is that Bernie Chua, a very experienced MLM leader, realized something after working in America for awhile.
Bernie Chua realized that Gano Excel was going to do fine in the US, but was never going to Soar to its full potential.
Not simply because of FDA problems. I believe that Mr Chua realized that Gano Excel with its roots saturated in Asian culture, was going to encounter even more problems. Asian culture is very different from the US culture. He felt Gano Excel would have difficulties adapting to the US market place.
One look at the names and titles of leadership of both organization reveal the fundamental differences in the company cultures.
Mr. Leow Soon Seng, Founder and President; Mr. Lewnegie, Executive Director ;Mr. Lew Soon Kiak, Co-Founder and CEO; Mr. Ooi Kheng Seng, Co-Founder; Mr. Leong Ting Yu, Executive Director.
Bernardo Chua, Founder and CEO; Shane Morand, Co-Founder and Global Master Distributor; Holton Buggs, VP of Sales; Jamie Foo, Director of Finance; Mark Seever, Global IT Manager.
Notice that every person in Gano Excel is Asian and is either a executive director, president, co-founder, or CEO. Those job titles make it look like too many cooks in the kitchen with no defined tasks they are in charge of.
The Organo Gold leadership is more American than Asian and are task-oriented: CEO, Master Distributor, Sales, Finance, Co-founder, and Internet Technology.
So to cut to the chase. Bernie Chua left Gano Excel.
In 2008, Mr. Chua, Shane Morand, and others founded Organo Gold, which sells coffee and other items containing the healthful Ganoderma.
What Organo Gold Offers:
1) Emphasis on Organic and products for American tastes. Organo Gold uses Organic Coffee. It uses less sugar in its pre-sweetened products. Most recently it has added a coffee one can brew to accommodate those Americans that will never go instant, even if Starbucks does have its own instant coffee. Organo Gold didn’t use just any brewed coffee for its newest coffee product, but the esteemed Jamacian Blue Mountain Organic Coffee.
2) Better Compensation Plan. Gano Excel has a good binary comp plan. Organo Gold improved it. Organo Gold has taken the juiciest parts of the traditional unilevel compensation plan and the choicest cuts of the modern binary plan and melded them together. Finally, an MLM compensation plan that truly allows part-time distrubutors to get a big cut of the action. There are up to 7 ways to get paid with Organo Gold.
3) A more dynamic and strong training system. Organo Gold has a great support and training network. Trainings are archived, and available on an on-going basis via radio, Tv, and its own university website: OGuniversity. The training is available 24/7 and when a new distributor joins Organo Gold he or she recieves an immediate email explaining their training options and how to start making money fast. Training on with the Gano Excel system is not as comprehensive or accessible.
4) More Internet savvy. I have used both replicated web site systems. Organo Gold replicated website system is lot simpler and less confusing to use. In general, Organo Gold is much more computer savvy. Internet Technology is a leadership position held by Mark Seevers who is both an experienced with MLMs and Brick and Mortar business technology needs.
Both Organo Gold and Gano Excel made the respected Business for Home list of the Top 20 MLM Opportunities for 2011.
The primary reason cited for Gano Excel making the list is its Products. This is what Business for Home says of Gano Excel.
“Gano Excel manufactures and distributes a wide range of products ranging from food supplement, beverages, personal care, skin care to household products. Having businesses and market presence over 100 countries worldwide. Strong in the large Asian markets (emphasis added). A vision to be the “Premier in the Wellness Industry”.
The primary reason cited for Organo Gold making the list is its Momentum. This is what Business for Home says about Organo Gold.
“Coffee is the second most consumed beverage on the planet after water. Organo Gold is mixing Coffee with Ganoderma – an ancient Chinese herb. In 2009 $16 million revenue, and for 2010 an estimated $40 million revenue. Every month approx. 4,000 new distributors are joining and are creating an enormous momentum (emphasis added).”
Business for Home also keeps the coveted list of Top 500 MLM earners for each year.
There are 5 Organo Gold distributors on the Top 500 MLM earners list.
Holton Buggs at #14, Edwin Haynes at #285, David Imonitie at #315, Jose Ardan #421, and John Sachtouras at #458.
There are no Gano Excel distributors on the list of Top 500 MLM earners.
The Organo Gold Differences are Creating More Success.
Gano Excel and Organo Gold both have good Ganoderma products. They are both good businesses.
However, simply learning that the much younger Organo Gold already has 5 people in the coveted Top 500 MLM earner list, while the much older Gano Excel has zero is a pretty revealing business success fact.
Organo Gold is a better business. It will make you more money.
I promised to tell you,
What Organo Gold is Doing That You Don’t Know About
Organo Gold is Making a Better Mousetrap.
Organo Gold’s products emphasize Organic, which we know is very important to a segment of the American market. It has better training and a better compensation plan as evidenced by 5 distributors being on the top 500 earners. This is with a company that is not yet three years old.
Organo Gold bests Gano Excel by Offering:
- Organic coffee and tea. As well as Organic Ganoderma Lucidum.
- Growing its Ganoderma using the natural log method so it can manufacture Ganoderma spores which are 17 times more powerful than the Ganoderma Lucidum mushroom itself.
- Offering more friendly American products such as brewed coffee and less sugar.
- Creating a more generous compensation plan that puts more money into all distributors pockets, including the oft-forgotten part-timer.
- Provides a more dynamic, comprehensive, and accessible training system
- Developed a better replicated web site system.